Sunday 27 April 2014

Wishes Tied To A Tree...



In India, there's a ritual, where, sometimes when people go out to some religious place, they wish for something and tie a piece of cloth to a tree. They believe that by doing this, they'll get what they wished for.. And if such happens, then they return back one day, at the same place and untie the cloth.. Well, its obvious that finding that same old cloth from all the others is not possible, so they untie any one of them.. To be true, i never saw anyone untie a knot.. I don't know if it even works or not.. Well, i'm not that much of a religious person, but, i would like to try it out once. And, i don't think it'll work anyways, as people say that we need to have faith in it, and i don't have that. But, i'll try.. 

Well, I suddenly came up with such topic because today, i went out with some of my friends to visit one of such religious places, and i saw a banyan tree which had infinite number of cloths tied to its body and branches. I just stood there and stared at those pieces. The thought that I was not just looking at some piece of cloths, I was looking at the wishes of millions of people, was creepy and gave me goose bumps.

But, well, as people say, religion is something we believe, and it differs from people to people. So, let's just leave it to its place... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment